Instructions for Self Isolation for those being screened for Covid 19
- Self- isolate and do not return to work or school until you receive your results. You will receive a secure message with your results on the same day.
- If your results are positive OR you develop symptoms for COVID-19 you must self-isolate for 5 days from symptom onset or positive result and then wear a mask for 5 more days.
- If your results are negative you most likely do not have COVID-19 at this time. If you have symptoms, you should continue to self-isolate until 24 hours symptom free or receive further instructions from your medical provider.
- Do not allow anyone other than those living with you into your home until the isolation period is complete
- In the event that you must leave your home for any reason, utilize a face mask at all times.
- Monitor your symptoms. If you develop symptoms contact the Health Center by calling 254-710-1010. If you experience shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, or any other emergent symptoms call 911 or go to the nearest ER.
For persons previously diagnosed with symptoms of Covid -19
If you no longer have symptoms after your recovery, retesting is not recommended within 3 months after the date of onset for the initial Covid-19 infection. In addition quarantine is not recommended in the event of close contact with an infected person.
Guidelines are subject to change