The medical records office is located within the administrative area of the Health Center on the 2nd floor of the McLane Student Life Center.
Monday thru Friday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Saturday & Sunday: CLOSED
Medical Records Clerk: Linda Townsend
All Health Center records are private and confidential. The Health Center has prepared a Privacy Notice reviewing the confidentiality of personal health information for students and non-students. A copy of the Privacy Notice is available at the Health Center or you may click on the links below.
Privacy Notice and Consent for Disclosure
All students(Except online only students) are required to have a complete health form on file at the Health Center. This record is used when students are treated at the clinic.
Medical Records Release Policy
The medical records of students attending Baylor University fall under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act, FERPA, guidelines. FERPA establishes the guidelines and allows organizations that fall under the guidelines the right to choose to exceed those guidelines. In order to protect the privacy of our students, Baylor University has chosen to establish the following policy:
- Medical releases may be requested for a specific medical event through a medical release form signed by the patient.
- In the case of a medical emergency in which the patient is unable to give written or verbal permission for the release of medical information, the attending physician may contact the parents/guardians of the patient.
- The policy does not provide an opportunity to request a universal release of medical information.
Tips For Locating Immunization Records
- At the doctor's office or public health clinic where you got your shots.
- In your family records, such as a baby book or booklet kept by your parents or guardians in which your doctor wrote your immunizations as you received them.
- At your high school. (Note - Many high schools put records in storage shortly after a student graduates)
- At an institution of higher education you have attended in the past, if they required you to submit copies of your immunizations.