International Student Insurance Policy
Mandatory Health Insurance at Baylor University
All international students at Baylor University are required to have unlimited coverage in medical insurance coverage. Enrollment in the mandatory Baylor University Health Insurance Plan is automatic at the time of registration, and the cost of the policy will appear on your tuition and fee bill as ’Required Insurance’. The fall student insurance premium will appear on the fall semester bill; the student premium for spring and summer will appear on the spring semester bill. Accompanying family members will be billed in accordance with posted dependent rates at these times.
Health coverage is provided through Academic Health Plans. In addition to health insurance the international student policy covers medical evacuation and repatriation of remains in case of death.
Criteria to Submit a Waiver Request:
- 1. Student is covered by a U.S. employer health insurance plan that is compliant with the Affordable Care Act (ACA).
- 2. Student is covered by a parent/spouse's U.S. employer health insurance plan that is compliant with the Affordable Care Act (ACA).
- Please note: travel plans or plans that require you to pay for treatment yourself and then apply for reimbursement WILL NOT be acceptable for waiving the Baylor University Student Health Plan.
If you meet one of the above criteria, then your alternative health insurance coverage must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Medical coverage is unlimited
- Medical evacuation coverage is $10,000 or more
- Repatriation Coverage is $7,500 or more
- $500 or less deductible per policy year
For additional information please email the Insurance Advisor, Lisa Bland
No waivers of insurance can be processed after the 12th class day of the long semesters or 4th class day of each summer session.