Travel Health Information
If you will be traveling in the coming months, Baylor Health Services is happy to help you prepare for your trip.
It is very important before any travel to check your immunization history and ensure you are up to date on all routine immunizations.
Please research your destination country, using the links below, print the information and gather your immunization history prior to coming to see a nurse for immunizations or a provider for malaria prophylaxis.
Make your appointment several weeks before your trip if possible. Call 710-1010.
Log In for InternationalSOS.com is 11ASGC000003
Baylor Health Services will assist students who are contemplating international travel by providing advice and immunizations. Travel immunizations may also be given to faculty and staff. Travel consultations are available by appointment only please call (254) 710-1010 to schedule.
As several vaccines may be needed, Health Services encourages travelers to seek advice and begin immunizations early.
Immunizations offered include:
- Tetanus-Diphtheria (Td) or Tetanus-Diphtheria-Pertussis (TDaP) every 10 years
- Measles-Mumps-Rubella (two shot series total)
- Hepatitis A (two shot series, day 1 then 6 months later)
- Hepatitis B (two shot series, day 1 then 1 month later)
- Meningococcal (one dose)
- Typhoid (every two years or every 5 years for oral Typhoid - if travelling in rural Typhoid prone areas)
- Tuberculin skin test (every year for certain specialties)
- Yellow fever
- Japanese Encephalitis- must be ordered ahead of time
Malaria prophylaxis is also available by prescription issued by a provider. Information for specific countries may be obtained by visiting the CDC Website